Thursday, April 03, 2008

A new phase of life - coming soon


I am approaching my final 2 weeks of pregnancy. Praise God for watching over me these 9 months. Over the last 2 weeks, my stomach grow in an incredible speed, telling me that Caleb is really getting too big for my small body and is waiting to come into this world. I have also slowly (and truly) being to feel like a mother as I prepare his room, wash his clothes (they are so tiny and cute, and they smell really good), put up his toys. I begin to understand why my mum took so much effort in doing some things for us when we were still young. Like I could never understand why she must keep the house so clean and wash the clothes so thoroughly, leaving no time for herself to rest. I found myself doing the same thing, ensuring every toy is carefully wiped with sterilised solution, every piece of clothing is washed cleaned. Even when my feet is already swollen to almost twice their size now and I walk around like a duck, I will still be cleaning Caleb's cupboard, bed and many other things. I know we all inherit this from our Father in Heaven, who will never rest and ensure the best for His children.
Matthew 7:9-11
9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

my collegue, Envi, just gave birth last week. The joy on her face tells me that her 10hrs of labour pain was all worth it. Even when she was talking to us, her eyes never fails to turn to her sleeping daughter every 5 mins (maybe even more frequent).
Envi's daughter, Caydence
I hope the next time I will be posting Caleb's pictures. Keep me in your prayers as I go into my 40th week.

2 comments:

Aashatay said...

yes. she's been cleaning every corner of the house non-stop ever since she stopped working. and she keeps on saying that she has to do it quickly cos caleb is coming out anytime :) in fact, she just finished the floor and is wiping the windows now! our house feels soooooo clean!

"世上只有ママ好..."

Pat Chiang said...

mummy wendy, know you dote on Caleb alot but dun overwork hor... hopefully leb leb will catch the spirit of house cleaning. And he'll be a superb catch next time!! hohoho...
Am excited to see my 1st godson!! Feels so old that i have a godson... ... ...