Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Historical moment

this is the historical moment of my life and i hope to do a record of it... i m 10 mins from my 30th birthday. i m crossing from the twenties to the thirties... i can no longer associate myself with the 21, 22 yrs old youngsters because i was in my 20s (even at 29 yr old). from tomorrow onwards, i m not anymore.

reaching 30 brings me a very mix and complex feelings. even though i still feel young at some times, but the big 3 reminds me that i m not young. so i m really stuck in the i think i feel young but maybe i m not really young space. sometimes i think to myself that i shld stop thinking i m young and start moving on the next phase of my life and embrace my 30s with new lifestyle. (is it complex?? do i sound complex? )

the journey of my 30 yrs...

1st yr - i was borned
2nd yr -
3rd yr - i had a sister!!! candy was borned
4th yr - kindergarden, i think i shld be having fun
5th yr - start ballet. i dun remember enjoying the classes...
6th yr - i went to macpherson pri for pre-pri school. I remember being the youngest student in my school bus. it was fun! this is the yr which lindy was borned.
7th yr - pri 1. the first Christian song i learn is 'God is so good.'
8th yr -
9th yr - pri 3. i did v well for my exams and was promoted to a better class. i remember being v proud of myself.
10th yr - i went for chinese story telling competition n came in 4th.
11th yr - i had my first crush on a guy sitting in front of me.
12th yr - my psle yr. it was a yr of studying n very little play. but i did v well.
13th yr - i m glad to be in cedar's girls and it was the first time i became class monitress. Cedar rocks!!!
14th yr - i was selected to be in the prefectorial board. this was probably the start of my leadership development. i brought my sisters out for our 1st movie... i cant remember what show. =(
15th yr - i think this was the age which i receive my 1st love letter. i wonder why cause i really look very nerdy... very ugly... =P. i think i had my 1st unofficial boyfriend in this year (actually just a guy who first held my hand).
16th yr - a very impt year of my life! i became a christian!! i join charis sunday school. my family went to US this year and we had the most wonderful time of our life!!!
17th yr - i remember feeling adult at this age but actually when i look back, i m pretty childish...i was pretty drawn to my own activities and away from my family. my parents became christians!!!
18th yr - graduated from jc with not so satisfying results. took on my 1st full time temp job at HQ link. my first taste to working life.
19th yr - life in a mess as i immerse into hall life. 1st time to clubbing, drinking and exposure to the chaos of the world (i thank God that i didnt get myself into any big mess, or trouble as i open my eyes to the temptation of the world)
20th yr - God is faithful, I rededicated my life to Jesus! Thanks for Sharon, (Asher's mum), who consistently met up with me and visited me in my hall. I was never the same after 1998 youth camp. n i promise never to turn from God since then. I went for my 1st mission trip in Japan, Love Tokyo '99. i also decided to not stay in hall and moved back home, even though i m staying in pasir ris n have to travel to NTU everyday! I got to know my 2 bestest friend, rachel n pat. and i got to know gab, who came to attend charis n my cell.
21st yr - gab became a christian n we got attached!!!
22nd yr -
23rd yr - gab n i went to queue for our sengkang flat. we queued for 3 days 3 nights. and finally we became proud owners of our currently 5 rm flat. gab proposed to me on 5th july and we are engaged!!!
24th yr - we both graduated from uni and started work. I found a job in HP and i m very blessed to be in this job.
25th yr - i became a diver!!! roy n su got married in Jan. gab n i got married on 16th Jul.
26th yr - most enjoyable holiday w gab in Florida, 5 days in disney world n universal studios.
27th yr - i conceived Caleb and the rest of the 9 months were days of carrying caleb ard and preparing for his arrival.
28th yr - caleb was borned on 15th apr. ranen was borned on the same day too...
29th yr - I thank God for this 1 year of blessings and watching over me!

it is 1am.. took me more than 1 hr to recall my 30 yrs... happy birthday to me!!!

4 comments:

Aashatay said...

happy birthday jiejie! thank God that i can be a part of His story for your life :) even more thankful that the role i was given is to be your meimei!

pray that you'll enjoy many more years of God's goodness in your life!

lamb said...

hahahaa.... so this is wat u meant when you say you wanna blog abt your whole life..

i think your life like shiok and will continue to be more shiok, with US coming up... and caleb going to school and etc....

(:

leongheng said...

happy belated birthday!30 is not so bad la.. can still look young and energetic like ME!

Rachel Oh said...

i love it! i'm in your life literally